Monday, October 26, 2015

NAMI Awards Dinner & Information Meeting

NAMI Awards Dinner & Information Meeting
Top, left to right: Lane Bryant jacket, J. Jill V-neck elbow sleeve t-shirt, silver bead necklace, rose quartz pendant, J. Jill dark rinse ankle jeans, J. Jill V-neck elbow-sleeve t-shirt, Lane Bryant jacket.  Bottom, left to right: Black satchel handbag, Aerosoles black croco loafers, Coach signature medium tote in pink.  Right column, from top: L'Occitane Jasmine & Bergamote Eau de Parfum, Shower Gel and Body Milk. 

     

 It's that time of year again, time for the NAMI Awards Dinner.  This will be the 25th Annual Awards Dinner.  We have three honorees who have worked hard during their careers for the mental health community on Staten Island.  The Awards Dinner is Thursday, November 12th, 2015.  

The night before, our guest speaker for the information meeting will be Ms. Felicia Johnson, author of the novel, "Her," which is about a young woman with Borderline Personality Disorder.  I've been reading the book and it's good!  

That weekend will be the NAMI New York State Educational Convention, which I won't be attending this year.  They have a lot of good speakers this year doing the presentations and workshops.  

I haven't decided which outfits to wear to the two events.   Jeans might be appropriate for the information meeting, but may be too casual for the dinner, so I think I might wear dress pants.  As usual, I will probably be in a state of confusion up until the minute I get dressed for each event, and then I'll spend the evening second-guessing myself.  Ah well, such is my fate!  I never feel comfortable when I'm dressed up.  I've never learned the art of being comfortable in anything remotely formal.  

I bet there are a lot more of you out there that are like me.  Nevertheless, we have to get dressed every day.  Might as well look good!