Sunday, September 27, 2015

Treat Yourself!

Treat Yourself!
Left to right: Woman Within V-Neck Tee; J. Jill Slim Pants; Blue Goo Cracked Heel; L'Occitane Jasmine et Bergamote Body Milk; Flexitol Heel Balm. 









That's not me stepping out of the shower, by the way.  Please, I wish my shower looked like that!  We have a little fiberglass tub with a tension rod in place of an actual shower curtain rod.  

I did some pampering yesterday, in that I took a shower, washed my hair, and moisturized tip to toe!  Then I changed into some comfy clothes and my roommate and I ordered dinner from the local diner.  

I have diabetes, and skincare is very important.  Skin provides a barrier to infections getting in the body, and infections, if you have diabetes, can be fatal.  So it's important to treat any cuts, wounds, or irritations of the skin as soon as possible.  I neglected my skin all summer long, mostly because I didn't go out, so I thought it wasn't necessary, but!  I was wrong.  My skin was getting really itchy and had some irritation.  My feet have callouses.  This is not a good situation.  So I've started taking care of my skin again, moisturizing my feet and my body after showering.  Yesterday I decided to make it a little special, by using the "good" moisturizer from L'Occitane.  I moisturized my feet with the Flexitol Heel Balm (stuff works wonders!) and my elbows with the Blue Goo.  I need to do this more often, because my skin really needs the help. 

After applying the moisturizers, I lay down on my bed and let them soak into my skin.  It's a nice way to relax, especially if you're in a hurry to get ready for an event.  It helps to just take 15 minutes to regroup and recharge.  

Afterwards, I felt like a new person!  So relaxed and mellow ... hmm, nice!