Tuesday, September 1, 2015

"Laid Up Inside and Unable to Go Out" Ensemble



"Laid Up Inside and Unable to Go Out" Ensemble


I've been laid up inside for about two months now, which isn't how I planned on spending my summer, but I had no choice.  I had an attack of diverticulitis back in July (thanks to overdosing on nuts and seeds), and when I was getting into the ambulance to go to the hospital emergency room, I injured my right knee.  I did further damage to it getting out of the ambulance.  Once I was being treated in the ER, I was so distracted by the pain in my belly from the diverticulitis, that I neglected to mention that I hurt my knee, so I never got treated for it, unfortunately.  

I was doing fine recuperating until a few days later when I almost fell down trying to get over the threshold to my apartment, which has a step.  Since then, I haven't been able to get out of the apartment.  Hence the lack of "going out" outfit posts.  Instead, this has pretty much been my uniform: pajamas, because lots of sleep and keeping my legs up seems to help with the injured knee, and stretchy knit pants and men's t-shirts are nice and comfortable.  

I have an appointment with an orthopedist this month to take care of the knee.  We'll see how it goes!  Hopefully I can get down the steps by then.