Friday, July 10, 2015

What to Wear to an Ultrasound

What to Wear to an Ultrasound




Wednesday, July 8th, I went for an abdominal ultrasound.  I've had mammograms before, and the suitable attire is similar - no metal or jewelry, plus you can't have anything to eat or drink but water 6 hours prior to the test.  The only difference is that you can wear deodorant to an abdominal ultrasound.  If you've been for a mammogram, you know you can't wear deodorant, powder or perfume or oil.  

The ultrasound was early in the morning, thankfully.  The test took about 30 minutes.  I wore a t-shirt and elastic waist pants that were easy to move, and microfiber panties, that were also easy to move.  I don't recommend wearing cotton panties for an ultrasound, just because they aren't as flexible as microfiber.  That's my experience, anyway.  Yours may differ, of course!  I didn't actually use the Coach bag, I just thought it looked good with the pink shirt.  I actually used my trusty LL Bean tote:


I finally bought a pink wallet that matches the Coach tote, but unfortunately, it's no longer available, so I don't have a Polyvore picture to show you.  It's on my Pinterest Handbags board, though, if you're interested.  It was on sale!  $68!

Anyway, if you're going to have an ultrasound, I recommend wearing clothes that are comfortable and easy to move, with stretchy fabrics and loose fitting garments, or if you're wearing fitted garments, make sure they have some stretch so you can move them easily.