Saturday, February 7, 2015

Recent Beauty Purchases

Recent Beauty Purchases

Recent Beauty Purchases by beautyandserendipity featuring nail care

These are some recent beauty and personal care purchases.  

I am loving the L'Occitane Jasmine et Bergamote set!  The Eau de Parfum is lovely.  I haven't tried out the bath gel or the body milk yet.  I'm waiting for a special occasion.  

Secret Outlast Deodorant is tried-and-true.  Does what it's supposed to do, and doesn't leave any white marks on my clothing.  

I haven't used the Almay eye-makeup remover pads, either, largely due to the fact that I haven't been wearing eye makeup.  I figure, just in case.  

I haven't tried the Rachael Roy EOS lip balm set, but I'm sure it's fine.  I love EOS products.  

I'm running lukewarm on the Cyndi bands.  They seem to have lost their elasticity quickly, but they still do the job.  The colors are great; they would go with almost any natural hair color.  They're a bit pricey, though, at $19.99 for 20.  In my opinion, you would do just as well with Goody hair bands or something similar. 

Pantene Detangler was great when I had long hair.  It made combing it out so easy.  Now that I have shorter hair, I don't need it as much.  

NOW Coconut Oil is a lifesaver if, like me, you're suffering from dry and itchy winter scalp.  When I had long hair (it was down to my waist) I put it on my scalp and finger-combed it through my hair.  Then I would put my hair up in a ponytail braid and let it sink in during the day.  At night I would wash it out.  It eased the itching on my scalp and made my hair nice and silky soft.  Kept it that way for a few days, too.  Highly recommended!  

NOW Apricot Kernel Oil is great for hair, scalp and skin as well.  I use it to moisturize my skin after I dry off from the shower.  It works well to relieve itchy, dry winter skin.  Works on the scalp and hair, too.  I really like NOW products.  They're made from high-quality, natural ingredients, and they're not expensive.  You can get them on drugstore.com NOW Foods.

St. Ives Apricot Scrub is an old stand-by.  I recently stopped using The Body Shop's products, because I found out they were made by Nestle, and I'm boycotting Nestle, because they had a plan to buy the rights to water sources and sell bottled water to the people who formerly had access to the water source for free.  They were planning on doing this in impoverished countries.  I don't approve.  So they're not getting my money.  Anyway, I needed an alternative body scrub, and I used St. Ives products when I was younger, so it seemed like a good bet, and it was!  Makes my skin soft and smooth and leaves it smelling good.  

Obviously, everyone needs a nail brush.  This one from Denco is good, because it has a side with short bristles for toenails, and longer bristles for the fingernails and hands.  Also, it's made of hard plastic, and doesn't seem to get moldy, which happens with wooden brushes.  It's well made and sturdy.  

Overall, I would have to say I'm happy with my purchases, especially the L'Occitane perfume and NOW oils.