Tuesday, October 14, 2014

What To Wear To An Awards Dinner?

What To Wear To An Awards Dinner?
Top Row: J. Jill Sloan V-neck Merino Sweater, Amethyst Pendant, Black Tights, Coach Satchel Handbag, Silver Evening Clutch.  Bottom Row:  SWAK Designs Lulu Chiffon Skirt in Black, Black Lane Bryant Ponte Knit Pencil Skirt, Silver Flats, Aerosoles Army Croc Loafers, Dr. Martens Boots. 

 

What to wear, what to wear???  I have an event coming up on October 23, 2014.  It's NAMI NYC Staten Island's 24th Annual Awards Dinner.  It's a semi-formal event, but people come in all manner of dress, from casual to dressy and elegant.  I prefer to look dressy and elegant, naturally.  I've pretty much decided that I want to wear my new violet merino sweater from J. Jill, with either an amethyst pendant necklace or a blue lace agate pendant necklace.  I'm trying to decide between the two black skirts, and whether I should wear silver flats and a silver clutch with the black tights (which I think would look weird, but maybe I could wear black flats with the silver clutch), or the black Doc Martens or black loafers with my black Coach satchel handbag.  Decisions, decisions!  Any advice, my fine peeps?