Friday, June 13, 2014

Therapy Day

Therapy Day
Left to right: J. Jill Refined Ankle Pants, Blue Lace Agate Pendant Necklace, J. Jill V-neck Elbow Sleeve Tee, Birkenstock Arizona Birko Flors in Silver.



As the headline says, Thursday, 6/12/2014, was therapy day.  It was a productive session.  

It was my first time wearing the J. Jill Refined Ankle Pants, and they are DEEE-LIGHTFUL!!!!  They fit like a dream, they don't sag out (I've worn them several times since then, and they stay put, with no southern drift) and they are so comfortable!  I can't say enough good things about these pants.  They are $89 for the women's sizes, $79 for misses, but they are so worth it.  And they look good on me!  They don't have pockets.  That's my only complaint.  And it's a small one.  If you're looking for a nice alternative to the ubiquitous crop or capri pant, this is it.  They come in three colors: white, black and stone, in sizes up to 4X.  Snap 'em up.  I have a feeling that by the time they go on sale, there won't be many of them left.  

A long time ago, when I was shopping in the Staten Island Mall, they had a holiday fair, and they featured artisans and craftspeople who sold their various wares.  One man's booth caught my eye.  He was Native American, and made jewelry from gemstones.  It was very plain gemstone jewelry, on leather cords, with minimal metal fittings, which is good for me, since my skin reacts badly to metal jewelry.  The price was right - $10 per necklace, so I bought quite a few.  He put a little blurb about the spiritual properties of each gemstone in the box with the item.  Obviously, that's not the necklace pictured here (that one's from Polyvore and costs a lot more than $10).  But I love my necklaces, and I wear them whenever possible.  

The Birkenstock Arizona Birko Flors are taking some getting used to.  But I love them, so I will get used to them.  They're very comfortable, but because they're an open-toe sandal, debris tends to get in them, and irritate my feet, which isn't good when you have diabetes.  I think I may end up wearing them when minimal walking is required.