Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Schedule of Recycling Events in New York City

Here's a link to New York City's Office of Recycling Outreach and Education events for Spring 2014:  


You can recycle electronics, textiles, and kitchen scraps at these events.  There are also Stop 'n Swap events, where you can drop off something you no longer need or use (in good condition) and pick up something you can use.  In addition, there are Fix-It events, where you can bring in something that needs to be repaired.  It's a great way to build your skills and meet new people with similar interests!  

Spring is finally here!  I haven't worn my parka in a few weeks, now.  Still too cold to go in shirt sleeves.  Soon, soon!  

I took this last year on May 1 at a park in my neighborhood. 

I'll be cleaning out my closet and armoire this month, seeing what can be worn, what needs to be repaired or tailored, and what needs to be donated or recycled at the SAFE event.