Sunday, March 2, 2014

Purchases for Spring 2/25/2014

Purchases for Spring 2/25/2014
J. Jill Brown Corduroy Jacket, J. Jill Tried & True Fit Slim Leg Jean, J. Jill Tried & True Fit Boot-Cut Jean

Time for some spring purchases!  I need jackets.  The outerwear situation is from hunger, folks.  I had the same spring jacket since 2004, and I've *ahem* outgrown it.  Hopefully certain people will find the light brown color of this nice J. Jill corduroy jacket less objectionable than the bright green of my Sigrid Olsen jacket.  My sister had a Sigrid Olsen jacket, so I had to have one, too.  Ever get like that?  Your sister or friend has something, and then you have to have it, too?  It just worked out that way.  I went shopping with a personal shopper in Lord & Taylor in 2004, because I needed some new work clothes, and she selected this beautiful quilted green Sigrid Olsen jacket for me, and it was similar to one my sister had, so I bought it.  I have to say, in that instance, having a personal shopper was the smartest thing I could've done, because the clothes I bought lasted into this decade.  I grew out of the pants years ago, but I only donated the shirt I bought then during last winter's closet clean-out.  I'm going to have a hard time letting go of the jacket.  Ten years is a long time to have a coat, and it's served me well.  If it fit me, I'd still keep it.  But it doesn't.  I hope the brown corduroy jacket lasts as long.  It's very well made.  All the seams are finished, and the fit is excellent. 

I love, love, love the Tried & True Fit jeans by J. Jill.  They sent me a pair about a year ago, for free (I have no idea why), and they've become my favorite jeans.  They sent me the boot-cut style, and I like it.  When they had a sale recently, I bought another pair of the boot-cuts and a pair of slim leg jeans.  Both fit very well.  I'm very happy with both of them.  My only complaint is that they're a little long, but that's easily remedied by a trip to the tailor, or in the case of the slim leg jeans, I can roll up the cuffs and make them boyfriend jeans.  

All items were purchased during the recent J. Jill sale, for up to 60% off.  The jeans usually run about $89, and the jacket is $109, I think.