Saturday, February 8, 2014

What I Wore, Friday, 2/7/2014

What I Wore, Friday, 2/7/2014
The Great Outdoors:  J. Jill Pima Tab Sleeve V-Neck Tee, LL Bean Trail Model Fleece Vest, Lane Bryant Straight Leg Jeans, Gray Hiking Boots. 
Relaxing at Home:  Woman Within Tee, LL Bean Perfect Fit Bootcut Pants. 
Something's Not Working:  Too Faced Glamour to Go Palette, Maybelline Age Rewind Concealer, Maybelline Dream Fresh BB Cream. 



 

I went out today, which is really saying something, since I haven't left the house since last Friday, due to several snowstorms and hail/sleet/rain/ice weather conditions we've had in the NYC area over the past week.   The areas around my apartment complex do not have sidewalks, which means in bad weather, you have to walk in the streets in order to avoid slipping in mud or walking on ice, so getting around is treacherous.  

Today I took a cab with my roommate as we went to our therapy appointments, and we took a cab back to the local shopping plaza, where we did some errands, had pizza for lunch, and she bought her lottery tickets and I bought some Valentine's Day cards for my little great-nieces.  We walked home from the stores, and it was difficult getting around.  I'm just glad we didn't get run over!  

The tee-shirt, vest, jeans and hiking boots combo was perfect for today.  I wore my Thinsulate fleece parka from LL Bean.  I changed when I got home to a tee-shirt and the LL Bean Perfect Fit Bootcut Pants, which are so comfortable!  And they look good, too, they're not sloppy like sweatpants.  

I had one complaint about today, and that was the makeup I wore.  I don't usually wear makeup, and it's a good thing, too, because whatever I was wearing today, whether it was the blush from the Too Faced Glamour to Go Palette, or the Maybelline Age Rewind Concealer, or the Pond's Beauty Balm Cream (NOT the Maybelline Dream Fresh BB Cream shown, although I've had bad experiences with that, too), something wasn't doing me any favors.  I ended up with dark splotches under my eyes when I removed the makeup, and the makeup settled into my fine lines and made my pores look bigger than they usually do.  

I don't know whether I should continue the search for makeup that won't irritate my sensitive skin, and will still look good, or whether I should just do what I've been doing, which is using Burt's Bees Daily Facial Moisturizing Cream for Sensitive Skin and La Roche-Posay's Anthelios Sunscreen Lotion SPF 60, and EOS lip balm and leave it at that.  Since I'm no makeup expert, and the only makeup I've ever used that didn't irritate my skin was Chanel's foundation and face powder, and I can no longer afford the higher-end stuff, maybe I'll just forgo makeup at this stage of my life.  I really like it, though!