Friday, January 3, 2014

Starting Off the New Year

Starting Off the New Year
Lane Bryant Colorblock Performance Jacket in Fuchsia, Tru-Dry Yoga Pants in Black, OneStopPlus Jacket in Soft Knit, OneStopPlus Knit V-neck T-shirts in Purple Berry, Ocean, Pretty Violet and Paradise Pink.  Glamorise Seamless Sports Bra by Magic Lift, Glamorise Magic Lift Active Support Soft Cup Bra.  Yoga Blocks, Yoga Mat.  



We all do it, don't we?  New Year's resolutions, goals, intentions, whatever you want to call them, the New Year sees us all making plans to "make this year better."  Well, 2013 would be pretty hard for me to top, so I'm not even going to try.  I'm just going to try to do the things that I want to do, which is what worked for me in 2013.  I think that's what made it a good year.  

I have a good health insurance plan, in that I get a free gym membership.  Fortunately, the gym is right across the street from my house, so what could be easier?  I joined back in April, and lost interest, because I really didn't know what I was doing and didn't have good guidance.  I returned again in September, and I met a really good personal trainer, Kim, and she showed me around to all the equipment she thought would be right for me, and tested me on things like strength, balance and coordination.  She pointed out that I need better gym shoes, which I still have to get.  

I went to the gym regularly for about a month, a few times a week, and then I got sick with a bad cold.  On my first day out of the house since getting sick, October 15, I had the accident on the bus where I was shoved off, hit my head on the concrete sidewalk and got a concussion.  That put me out of commission for a long time.  I went to see Kim at the gym back in November, to see if I need to get a doctor's note to come back, and she said I could get permission from her over the phone, and that would be fine.  But since I have to see her for a checkup appointment anyway, I decided I'd wait until the New Year, when I have car service to medical appointments again, another benefit from my health insurance company.  I need to set up an appointment for a blood test first.  After the appointment with the doctor, when I get approval from her to return to the gym, I'll get back into going a few times a week.  

My roommate switched to my health insurance plan for this year, too, so she'll be able to come to the gym with me.  So I'll have a workout buddy! 

Anyone else have plans for doing things differently in 2014?