Saturday, January 25, 2014

How One New Yorker is Surviving the Deep Freeze

How One New Yorker is Surviving the Deep Freeze
Anthelios Sunscreen SPF 60, Burt's Bees Sensitive Skin Daily Moisturizer, EOS lip balm, gray hiking boots, Lane Bryant long-sleeve v-neck t-shirt, brown fleece scarf, teal fleece sweater, LL Bean gray jeans, blue parka with lined hood, wool socks.  



It's cold here in the Big Apple!  The temperature today reached a high of 17*F, but it felt like it was in the low single digits.  

Today was the first day I ventured outside the house in a week.  I knew I had to bundle up, but I was only going from my apartment to a car waiting for me at the curb, and then from the parking lot to the office, and then home again.  So I wasn't out in the cold for a long time. When I was out, though, the cold felt more bracing and invigorating than anything else.  Not that I want to spend time standing on a bus stop in this weather!  

I went to work in the NAMI office today, and this is the outfit I wore.  I was warm enough.  

About the skincare products:  I find the Anthelios Sunscreen is superior to any I have used in the past.  It is worth the money they charge for it.  I apply the Burt's Bees Sensitive Skin Daily Moisturizer first, then I apply the sunscreen.  This moisturizer works very well on my dry skin.  It keeps my skin hydrated without being greasy or slick.  The EOS lip balm is the best lip balm I've ever had.  My lips don't chap, I'm not constantly eating it off my lips and it doesn't have a strong odor or flavor.  I also use Neutrogena Norwegian Formula Hand Creme in the fragrance-free formulation, and it keeps my hands from drying and cracking.  

All these products are superior, and they were all drugstore products!  I bought them at www.walgreens.com, and my local Duane Reade, a drugstore chain in the Tri-State area.  The service from Walgreens was excellent, and the items arrived at my apartment two days after I ordered them, without two-day shipping!  I think that's a pretty good turnaround time.