Friday, November 29, 2013

What I Bought on Black Friday, November 29, 2013

What I Bought on Black Friday, November 29, 2013
Top Row:  La Roche-Posay Anthelios Ultra Light Face Sunscreen Fluid SPF 60, Burt's Bees Sensitive Daily Moisturizing Skin Cream, eos Summer Fruit Lip Balm, eos Tangerine Medicated Lip Balm
Bottom Row:  Lane Bryant Black Ponte Knit Fitted Jacket, Lane Bryant Lena Straight-Leg Pant with Tighter Tummy Technology, Lane Bryant Black Ponte Knit Pencil Skirt.  



So, yeah, I did some shopping today.  I probably should've waited until Cyber Monday, but I was chomping at the bit for some of these things, like the Lane Bryant jacket, skirt and pants.  I had that in my shopping cart for months.  When I saw they had a 50% off Black Friday sale, I decided to go for it.  I spent $101.10, shipping and tax included.  It was definitely not an impulse purchase; I had planned it for some time, waiting until the right sale came along.  

The personal care products I bought from Walgreens online.  There are a number of Walgreens on Staten Island, and I like the products they carry, plus I have a rewards card from the store.  I needed a facial sunscreen with a high SPF factor.  I also needed a moisturizer and lip balm.  Walgreens had a 25% off sale, so I decided to go for it.  I made a mistake with the order, though:  I meant to order two each of the lip balm and only one of the sunscreen.  However, and I don't know how this happened (trigger happy, maybe?) I ordered two bottles of the sunscreen and only one each of the lip balm.  That was $64.85.  At least I have sunscreen for awhile, and I can get the lip balm at the local Duane Reade or Walgreens. I'll see how I like everything.  I'm running low on my products from The Body Shop, and I decided I'd try drugstore products, and see whether I'm saving money or not.  A lot of it depends on which sales you can catch.  

I hope if you took advantage of the Black Friday sales, that you did well and bought things you needed and will last a long time and that you enjoy the things you bought!  

Of course, buying things doesn't make one feel better or necessarily improve anything in one's life, but knowing that you are able to meet your needs is a good feeling.  Some of us are only too familiar with the awful feeling you get when you realize you can't meet your needs. One would do well to remember those less fortunate, not just at the holidays, but year-round.