Tuesday, September 24, 2013

What I Wore to a Meeting, Monday, 9/23/2013

What I Wore to a Meeting, Monday, 9/23/2013
Lane Bryant teal long sleeve v-neck t-shirt, LL Bean twill chinos, LL Bean fleece anorak, LL Bean women's casual floral scarf, Bonne Bell Lip Smacker in Strawberry, The Body Shop LOVE ETC. Eau de Parfum, LL Bean pebbled leather belt, LL Bean brown Comfort Mocs.  




Tonight was the first night of the NAMI (National Alliance on Mental Illness) Peer-to-Peer class on Staten Island.  It was pretty exciting, because we hadn't had a class in 9 years, and it took a lot of work to get it off the ground.  But everything came together and the first class was very promising.

It was chilly tonight and even though I had a ride there and returning home, it was still pretty cool.  It's jacket weather.  I don't think we're going to have an Indian summer this year, because it's been getting colder since August.  Since I have to travel frequently by public transportation, I dress for the weather and practicality.  I would have to be pretty stupid to try to walk long distances in high heels.

I chose to wear shades of blue tonight, because blue is a calming color, and I was feeling very nervous.  Plus I wanted to emanate calm vibrations to the rest of the class.  I don't know if it worked, but I was more calm.