Saturday, September 14, 2013

What I Wore Friday the 13th of September, 2013

What I Wore Friday the 13th of September, 2013
Topshop Denim Jacket, J. Jill elbow sleeve v-neck tee, LL Bean women's casual floral scarf, Tommy Hilfiger canvas tote, LL Bean plain front twill chinos, Chaco sandals, LL Bean pebbled leather belt, Bonne Bell Strawberry Lip Smacker.  



The weather was cool today in NYC, with a touch of autumn in the air.  Tonight, however, it was downright chilly.  My tootsies were cold in those sandals!  I had company, though, because all the women on the bus stop with me were freezing in their sandals, too.  One girl wore sneakers, but she only had on a t-shirt.  She was freezing, too.  Time to break out the closed shoes, long pants, scarves and jackets!  Time to put away the summer clothes!  I'm in no rush, because we'll probably have some more warm days before the fall truly sets in.  

I have a love/hate relationship with this time of year.  I love the changing colors, the cooler air, the sense of new beginnings as people head back to work and kids head back to school, and of course, the new fall fashions.  But I also get really depressed this time of year, for personal reasons.  So, I like this time of year, but I don't.  My friends and family know I get a bit weird this time of year.  (Weirder than usual, LOL!)  Anyway, that's why I'm "Singin' the End of Summer Blues."