Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Outfits for the Week of July 1st, 2013

Outfits for the Week of July 1st, 2013




I have a new LL Bean Boat & Tote bag to show you, but I wasn't happy with the photographs of it that I took the other day, so that will have to wait.  In the meantime, that's the stand-in you see there.  I don't have an umbrella, but that one's cute.

I have to run errands tomorrow, and rain is predicted.  Friday I have my therapy appointment, and following Nina Garcia's advice from "Nina Garcia's Look Book:  What To Wear For Every Occasion," I'm going to avoid wearing a silly hat to therapy.  I made that mistake last visit, and my therapist told me I looked like a farmer!  After that I felt like I should've had a piece of grass or a wheat stalk sticking out of my mouth, so I could look like a hayseed!  What can I tell you, I grew up on Staten Island when it was still the most rural of the five boroughs of NYC, so I guess compared to the people from "the city" I look pretty countrified.  Maybe I'll add some jewelry to the outfits, so I look more sophisticated.  Yeah, that's the ticket!  Maybe I'll wear my Dansko sandals to therapy ... they may kill my feet, but I'll do anything to avoid looking like a farmer now!

Not that there's anything wrong with farmers ... if it weren't for farmers, we wouldn't have food on the table.  They're just not known for their fashion statements.  I'm pretty sure they don't go around wearing pink t-shirts, either.

I'll post results later in the week ... let's see if I actually wear these outfits.  You know what they say, "Man plans, and God laughs."