Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Outfits for the Week 7/9-7/12/2013

Outfits for the Week 7/9-7/12/2013




I've been wracking my brains trying to come up with outfits to wear this week.  I have meetings on Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday, and a therapy appointment Thursday.  Thunderstorms are predicted for most of the week; otherwise I'd abandon the trench coat and shoes and run around in sandals and t-shirts all week.

I realized last week that I didn't have enough appropriate clothing to see me through the summer, so you know what that meant ... SHOPPING!!!!  I bought more t-shirts and linen pants from J. Jill.  Hopefully I am now fixed for the summer.  Next year when I do the shopping for my summer wardrobe, I'll try to remember that I need lots of t-shirts and lightweight pants.  Twill chinos are nice most of the year, but in 80 and 90 degree heat, you need something lightweight.  I've given up on skirts - one needs "foundation garments" with skirts and dresses.  I have a couple of sundresses, which I don't mind wearing in the heat, but most of the time I prefer pants or capris.  But capris aren't always appropriate either.  Sometimes they're too casual.

It's hard to know how to dress in the summer - the weather changes quickly (it's tropical storm and hurricane season), and I sometimes need to look professional, and other times, something casual will do.

These outfits are not set in stone - I have to play it by ear and see what the weather is that day, how I'll be getting around, whether I'll be walking a lot and out in the elements, or whether I'll be able to get a ride.  I'm beginning to wish I had that other attractive accessory - my own car and the ability to drive it!  I'm sure that would make a lot of people happy.  Maybe not the other drivers on the road ...