Thursday, May 30, 2013

Honeybuns of Steel Outfit

Honeybuns of Steel Outfit
Messy Ponytail; Livejournal Logo t-shirt in black from Cafepress; LL Bean Perfect Fit Straight Leg Pants in Gray; Crocs Bistro Vent in Black.  






Yes, it's totally true. If I go out looking my very best, dressed to the nines, not one hair out of place, face looking fresh and dewy, lips moist and pillowy, no one will notice. I hit the pavement dressed in a t-shirt from 2006 that I wore the day before, pants from 2005 that I also wore the day before, and Crocs that make me look like I have Bozo the Clown feet, all topped by a messy ponytail, complete with goop in my hair from the sleep study the night before, and what happens? Some dude decides to flirt with me. As I wished him a good day, he said, "So long, Honeybuns!" Back in the day, I would've taken umbrage at such familiarity. Nowadays I just think it's cute and old-fashioned.

Men. If only they came with an instruction manual.