Wednesday, February 6, 2013

MissusSmartyPants Challenge: One Item, Five Ways

One Item, Five Ways





MissusSmartyPants, a/k/a Leslie Gonzales, presented a challenge to her readers today on Facebook, which was to use one basic item from your wardrobe, five different ways.  OK, so I cheated a bit on my Polyvore set (no, I do not have a Balenciaga handbag hiding out in my closet), but the shoes, cardigans, jackets, and tops are all items I own, or are very similar to items that I own.  I took liberties with the handbags and scarves.  

The basic item I chose to work with was my black LL Bean twill chino pants.  Can't get much more basic than black pants, right?  I actually did this challenge with items from my physical wardrobe (as opposed to my virtual wardrobes on Polyvore and Pinterest), and I was able to come up with five combinations, and more.  

I'm happy to say, that following MSP's advice and carefully editing my wardrobe, and spending my money on good, versatile basics in a few colors (black, navy, gray and the ubiquitous denim) has finally paid off.   Now, instead of flinging my closet open the night before a big event and screaming, "I have nothing to wear!"  I can proudly claim that I have outfits for practically any occasion.  Getting dressed is something I can do easily, and I look forward to it.  It's only taken me 52 years to figure it out, LOL!  

So, thanks go out to MissusSmartyPants a/k/a Leslie Gonzales.  You have another satisfied customer!