Sunday, October 21, 2012

Maquillage - Recent Drugstore Makeup Haul


 Here are my makeup brushes, which I've had for years.  A pot of The Body Shop's Watermelon lipgloss is on top.  The orange tube is Cover Girl Lash Blast Volume Mascara in Very Black, then Maybelline New Instant Age Rewind Eraser Concealer for Dark Circles, and Maybelline Dream Fresh BB 8-in-1 Beauty Balm Skin Perfector in Light Sheer Tint.  Purchased Thursday, 10/18 in Walgreens on Hylan Blvd. and Seaview Avenue.

 

Here's a slightly better picture of the whole thing.  



This is a picture I took of myself wearing the makeup.  You can't even tell I'm wearing makeup unless you look closely at my squinty left eye, which has a ton of mascara.  



Here are the three items above, in addition to Cover Girl Clean Sensitive Skin Pressed Powder in 205 Ivory on the left, and Cover Girl Eye Enhancers in Champagne on the bottom right.  Purchased yesterday, 10/20 in Pathmark on Greaves Lane.


The grand total for all this?  $37.68.  I used coupons and sales.  The average price per item is $7.54.  Still, I think it's a pretty hefty price to pay for something I only use a few times a year.  However, when I think that just one product purchased in a department store or Sephora would cost me $40, I feel like I got off easy.

I also bought some round sponges for application purposes.

I wore the concealer, beauty balm and mascara all day yesterday, until I got home, when I took it off, because it was very humid in NYC yesterday, and I felt like my face was liquefying.  That's why I decided to buy the powder, to keep the makeup in place.  Let's hope it works!

I have a big event coming up on November 1, the NAMI Annual Awards Dinner.  My friend and partner-in-crime, Patty, is a guest of honor this year, so I feel like it's even more important than usual that I attend, and make sure my appearance is respectful of the occasion.  And if that means suffering for the sake of beauty, so be it!  That said, I'm really tempted to wear my Doc Martens like I did last year.