Monday, September 10, 2012

Homage to The Vivienne Files

Homage to The Vivienne Files




The Vivienne Files is a blog on Blogger written by a woman from Chicago named Janice.  She  does a series where she uses a basic group of 12 items, in neutrals such as black, gray and white and blue, mixed with bottoms featuring khakis, jeans and a pair of black pants.  She then plays off the neutrals in different blog posts by adding accessories in different colors - recently she did a post using amber accessories, and a post using silver accessories.  Sometimes she's inspired by art, or designers, or something she saw in her daily life.  In any case, if you love fashion, check out her blog, because it's brilliant.  It appeals to me because the style is simple, elegant and understated, classic and sophisticated.  It's style for grown-up women.  It's style for people who think before they get dressed for the day.  

This is my interpretation of the 12 key pieces, some of which I actually own, and others, like the J. Jill cardigan, are out of my reach at the moment.  Of course, you can only tell how well a wardrobe plan and key pieces work until you actually put the idea and the items to work.  I'll see what I can do with what I have.  I'll let you know how it goes!  

Do you have key pieces in your wardrobe plan?  Do they vary by season, or do they stay the same throughout the year, with a few changes to accommodate the weather?