Sunday, December 4, 2011

Technical Difficulties

The management of this blog would like to inform her readership that she is having technical difficulties, in the fact that she used up all the memory on her old SD card, purchased a new SD card, found out it was an SDHC card, and can't get it to work in her camera; therefore, she needs to bring it back to the store from which she ordered it (Staples) and see if they can a) fix the problem b) give her a replacement in exchange for the wrong SDHC card.

Until such time as she can start posting pictures again, she has these questions for her loyal readership:

Do you need a holiday post - what to wear, what not to wear (do you really need me to tell you that the Rudolf sweatshirt with the flashing nose is best left for those quiet evenings alone with a cup of cocoa and a good book?), how to decorate your home (since I only decorate minimally with free stuff from Rocco's garden center and stuff I find around the house, I'm probably not the best person to tell you what to do in that area), how to make holiday treats (go to the local pastry shop!  Duh!), cute holiday outfits you can make for your pets (see below) ... and, and, and ... I'm running out of steam here.

Or would you rather I did a kind of Don Kirshner's Rock Concert New Year's Special, featuring ideas for outfits to wear on the biggest date night of the year?  No pressure, really!

Or the other option, which is to focus on year-end-close-out business/new year preparations, in terms of getting your home, finances, wardrobe, goals (I don't like resolutions; I prefer goals - less pressure) and papers (I hear certain readers laughing; they shall remain nameless) in order for the new year.

Lastly, I'd like feedback on what topics you would like me to address in 2012.  I'm sorry that unlike other fashion bloggers, I have no pictures of myself wearing different outfits on my blog - I have no one to take pictures, and I don't have a tripod and one of those things that allows you to take pictures of yourself.  I asked my roommate, but she's uncomfortable with her photography skills.  I hope to remedy this in 2012 - a trip to B&H Photo will be in order.  Anyone want to come with me?

 This is Buster, my niece Rose's dog, wearing her holiday best.
 The Norwegian krumkakke, and my sister's mad delicious mini-brownies.  Yeah, this scene didn't last long.  If you really want to dress up your krumkakke, whip up some vanilla cream, or chocolate cream. You'll faint with delight.
This is my brother John, in his newly renovated kitchen, Christmas Eve 2007.  He used to play Santa Claus when my nieces and nephews were little.  See the resemblance?


Until next time, I'd like to thank all of you for sticking around.  I know there are a lot of blogs out there, some good, some not-so-good; thanks for spending your valuable time reading and commenting on mine. I hope to provide good service now and in the future!