Saturday, February 12, 2011

I Didn't Even Know It Existed - Friend Friday? I Missed It, But Here's What I Discovered

I got this from Tiffany at www.theclothedcommuter.blogspot.com .  I just happened to decide it would be a good idea to spend the afternoon catching up on blog posts and she had this little challenge going on her blog on Friday, that she got from other bloggers.  I'm just following the trends, here!  

1. What color dominates your closet?
I would have to say blue - lots of blue.  Navy blue, dark rinse denim, light denim, denim jacket (yes, I wear them together - I'm a dork!), French blue, China blue, and blue and white stripes.  

2. If money weren't an issue how would you change the color emphasis in your closet?

I would buy beautiful silk scarves to go with different outfits.  I would buy pretty colored jewelry.  

3. What is your mantra about mixing colors? 

I try to stay within my seasonal color palette, which is summer.  Thank you, MSP.  But I'm not sure I always do that.  I sometimes cross over into winter territory.  

4. For you, how do you incorporate color into your outfits?
I will choose a neutral for the bottoms, like black, brown, dark blue, khaki or gray, add a color top or scarf, and a neutral layering piece, like a cardigan or a jacket to match the bottoms.  

5. Which blogger(s) do you think do a good job of incorporating color into their wardrobe?
MissusSmartyPants, definitely.  She makes me think mixing and matching colors and prints is a possibility, without looking too strange or outlandish, which I don't think would be appropriate for someone my age.  www.youngfat&fabulous.blogspot.com does a good job with mixing colors, prints and patterns.  She carries it off really well.  


I've started paying more attention to what colors I wear.  I never used to wear gray, but last December I bought an all gray outfit to wear for Christmas Eve, and I got a lot of compliments on it.  I still wear a lot of black - most of my dress pants are black - but now I try to dress it up with shiny sequins and bling, so it doesn't look utilitarian, like a uniform.  My accent colors tend to be lighter blues, pink and white.  I'm thinking I'm going to add some amethyst into the mix, as per MSP's recommendation for summers.  LL Bean has some pretty amethyst tops I put on my Save For Later list. 


Adding color to your outfit, I find, is a great way to boost your mood, and if it doesn't boost your mood, at least it makes other people think you're feeling better than you are - which has its benefits and its drawbacks.