Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Stuff Arrived Today

I kind of went on a big spending spree last week, and this week ... ta da!!!  My stuff arrived.

I bought 4 items from The Body Shop online:

Radiance Beads (see "Beauty Bonanza" post)
Matte It makeup primer
Lip Scuff
Shea Butter Body Scrub (yummy!)

Clothing arrived, too, from LL Bean:

Trail Model Fleece Drawcord Jacket, Navy
Navy chinos
Navy jacket to match chinos
Pink cotton V-neck sweater
Navy cotton V-neck sweater

Also my pre-ordered copy of "The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest" arrived from Amazon.com.  Since I can't wear it or slather it on my body, I won't address it here, but Lisbeth Salander's style is SLAMMING,  isn't it?  The Mohawk, the rings, the boots - some people would look ridiculous, but she makes it work!

You may notice a preponderance of navy in my LL Bean clothes.  I think navy is a good color for the spring and summer.  It goes well with black and gray, which I have in my wardrobe.  I have brown, too, but I think I'm going to phase out the brown.  I don't wear it that often.  I don't know.  I need to have a friend come over and help me clean out my closet and armoire, figure out what looks good, what needs to go, either to the donation pile, or to the trash.  I read articles about cleaning out your closets, and a lot of people seem to think that you should donate practically everything, but Peter Walsh wrote in "It's All Too Much" that organizations that accept used clothing receive more than they can possibly affordably get rid of, and a lot of it is clothing no one wants to wear.  It actually costs them money to dispose of all the garments they can't use.  So really, speaking for myself, if I wouldn't wear it outside because it looks too bad, I'm not passing it on to someone else.  If it doesn't fit, or I just don't like it, but it still has a lot of wear left in it, I'll pass it on, but case in point, my old LL Bean Perfect Fit pants?  They're going in the garbage when I'm done with them.  I wear them around the house now, but I'm going to replace them.  I've had them for over six years now.  I'd like to retire them someplace respectable for loyal service, but let's face it, they're only PANTS.

I'll have to post a review of The Body Shop products and the clothes at some later date, when I've either used them or worn them.